Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chapter 6: Focus on Web Design

Use a search engine to search for CSS page layout tutorials. Choose a tutorial that is easy to read. Select a section that discusses a CSS technique that was not covered in this chapter. 


 This really is an amazing css tutorial! I was only able to skim through it, but I was very impressed with how it was set up! It is very easy to read and follow along with. Both screenshots and copy-and-paste html text are given step by step. This blog is several years old, but the concepts and techniques fit perfectly with what we are learning! It is old, but in no way does the information seem old or outdated.
  I liked how this tutorial demonstrated the use of obvious background colors that the book just touched on ( p. 246-247 5th Edition Web Development and Design Foundations with XHTML ). Seeing how clearly it represented the areas, and what was being worked with was very helpful. ( page 6 )
  I also really liked the page he put together. It was stylish, but not too complex to learn. Likewise, there is a lot of information in this tutorial, but not too much. I also enjoyed how this tutorial demonstrates the things we learned about in this chapter, but applies it to things they we did not get to ( such as images and buttons).
  I think that this tutorial is one of many great ways to get a hold of the power of page layout in CSS.
  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. طراحی وب سایت

    ReplyDelete